Where s the bass?

My system - Sony CD player, Pass Labs X0 preamp & X600 amps, Thiel 7.2 and Transparent Reference cables. I believe the sound is open, transparent, and dynamics. However I just wish I could put an emphasis on the bottom end. Tone controls are not available on high quality Class A preamps, such as the X0. While I understand that adding one more component in the signal paths is not desirable as it will further degrade the sound, I would like to hear your opinions on the best way to boost the bottom end. Thank you.
tai
Any chance of experimenting with speaker positioning? Maybe their current location isn't taking the best advantage of your room.
Yes - the speakers are in good positions away from side and back walls. I hate to put it closer to the side walls to get more base effect. I think the overall open and transparent sound somehow overshadows the base. The bass is there as the Thiel 7.2 can put out a lot of bass and the X600 amps got plenty of power to drive the Thiel. I just wish I can get a bass boost.
Play with interconnects--they're basically tone controls. Or add a powered sub. Nearly all speakers can benefit from one.
Interconnects are not tone controls, but otherwise I agree with Estrnad. You should consider getting a REL subwoofer.
The pass stuff has great bass and slam, the one weak link i,d say is the sony.
steve