TW Acoustic Raven owners

Hi

I recently got my Raven AC, and I already love my new turntable. It is definitly the greatest piece of audio gear I have owned or heard so far. Lately I've seen the Raven has popped up in a lot of threads on this forum, so I thought it was time to start a dedicated thread to share experiences with the TT.

My system is: TW Raven AC/Hadcock 242 SE arm/Empire EDR.9 cart/Whest Audio Ltd PS.20 + MSU.20 phono. I will soon get a Phantom arm which I will use with a Transfiguration Temper V cartridge.

When I mounted the Hadcock/EDR.9 on the Raven AC, I was not really expecting a lot, since both the arm and cartidge are very cheap. Well, I was wrong, and once and for all understood the importance of a good deck. The music flowed from a rock solid foundation and just nailed me to the listening chair. The soundstage is very deep and wide with delicate layering. The music is seamless and totally effortless. But what impresses me most is the ability the Raven has to draw me into the music and show me the heart and soul of the performer. Just beautiful.
I can't imagine how it will sound with the Phantom/Temper in place, but I suppose it will be another step up:-)

What are you're experiences with the Raven, and what arms/carts do you use?

Theo, Copenhagen
freshpuma
Emailed Thomas of TW acustics. The new chip was available since June. 07. Happy listening
I just got a new Dynavector XV-1s for my rig. Sounds great. The Miyabi will be going to Japan for a retip soon.

I am thinking of the new Ortofon 309s for a long arm, further down the road for perhaps mono, anyone heard them?

Jeff from High Water Sound and Thomas from TW Acustic say they are fantastic for the money.

I still need to hear the Phantom on the TW.
Well just an update....got my Raven AC in February...one month later lost my stylus on my new Dynavector XV-1S (cleaning lady?). waited for the retooled cartridge to come back from Dynavector. Then when it did I had Jeff and Thomas visit and set it all up. That was...June?? One week later....one of my emim speakers units i my Infinity RS-1B went down. Waited two weeks for the replacement. Got it. One week later...one of my Hurricane amps went down. One month later repaired. When it went into the system...guess what....other amp went. Now I am waiting to get the 2nd amp back for the repair shop. Long and short...I have not put in more then 20 hours on my system since March. I suspect the Raven/Tri-Planer/Dyna xv1s is great....but waiting to listen. Oh the labors we go through for our hobby and love of music. Thank God the Philharmonic season is back in swing!!

RWD (Rick)