Will an RCM make the Rice Krispies go away?

The two step RRL cleaning process and my Nitty Gritty make a big improvement in lowering record noise and enhancing clarity. However, there are some records that still have varying degrees of "snap, crackle and pop"! Is this residual dirt, a damaged record, a manufacturing defect? I'm thinking about investing in a Loricraft but am wondering if this instrument will cure the cereal syndrome.

A corresponding issue is the greater degree of noise on initial tracks. I notice the closer the record is to the end, the less noise. Does anyone else find this unusual?

As always, your insight is most appreciated.
rballdude
Cleaning records will only make the noise sound cleaner. Some records are noisy when new because the manufacturer used crappy vinyl to begin with.
If the LP is damaged, cleaning it will not make the noise go away. If the noise is due only to debris on the record, cleaning is a miracle in improving sound.

I have records that I purchased in the 1960's that are free of snap, crackle and pop but recently bought some off Ebay that sound more like the ice cream flavor "Rocky Road."

I have hundreds of LP's that are quiet as my CD's but when you buy used and the previous owner has trashed them, there's no fixing it.
Hi all,

In addition to the above good advice, consider your entire analog front end.

Some turntables are noisier than others.

High resolution systems are for the most part quieter. I know this seems parodoxical, but think about this from a resonance control perspective.

Listening to snaps, crackles and pops can be likened to looking at a square wave reproduced by different electronics on a scope.

As a playback system better controls resonance, the duration of the snaps, crackles, and pops is shortened (less ringing), and you here a dramatic reduction in noise.

As far as quick fixes, I've found the Dynavector stylus profiles to be the quietest I've heard to date. The humble 20x is extremely quiet, and the XV-1s is shockingly so.

I can now enjoy my RCA Dynagrooves.

Cheers,
Thom @ Galibier
Even when I use a cleaning machine, sometimes hand washing is far more effective, I have used the hand held shower wand on a higher pulse setting then finished cleaning as usual and it has really helped with used records...........its a more time consuming process for sure.