Are the Nitty Gritty vacuum cleaners...

...worth the three plus bills that they cost? Any owners out there that can provide input?--Cheers
jmoog08
This has been discussed many times check here:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr_srch.pl?&1&procsrch&3&4&

I have had both the VPI 16.5 and a couple of different versions of Nitty Gritty. Record Dr., 1.5fi, 2.5 fi.
I prefer the Nitty Gritty. They suck down which IMO is preferable to vacuuming up as in VPI.

They are much smaller and more aesthetically pleasing. Sorry Kurt, VPI looks like something you would find in an industrial setting. Nitty Grittys fit on a normal size, 12" shelf and can be bought with a nice real wood grain finish.
It'll be a rare instance when a mechanical machine can perform a task better (quality) than one can with his hands (e.g. Bread Machine, Car Wash, Dish Washer, etc.) I believe most automation is implemented to save time; not for a higher quality output. My point: wash 'em and vacuum your records by hand. Save some dough and get SUPER clean records. Yes, it will take longer and involve more work on your behalf.

I guess you'll have to decide which is a more scarce commodity for you (time v. money) in the context of the value of having your records be the cleanest they can be.
To Pbb, records can appreciate in value. I don't recall any clothing I would like to keep around for 40 or 50 years. I love spinning my vinyl library, and clean records sound better and protect your stylus as well.
Amazing that you can get a top quality washing machine for your clothes for less than the price of a wet record cleaner. Gee I never thought about it in this way, than again maybe because an lp is so delicate or maybe because we are all so crazy.