platine motor with nylon thread

I'm running my platine verdier table with the nylon thread and am wondering if the thread needs replacing at any specific interval.Does it's strength or quality wear out with extended use?

Thanks Mike.
pechtm
I guess the answer is whether or not the speed needs more adjusting than usual?

To me, as the drive thread wears, I would expect to have to make speed adjustments more often to compensate for the decreased friction.

Other than that, I wouldn't know how else to decide if the thread was 'worn out' (other than breaking, of course).
Mike,

I run my Platine with a linen thread. After some time the thread stretches and you need to move the motor unit away from the platter to keep the tension and speed up. With linen,it eventually snaps. With nylon, you can keep going for much longer - just make sure that the thread id taut.

Charlie
Thanks Bigbucks and Charlie,

That is exactly what I'm experiencing,I'll put on an LP and the speed has slowed quite noticably,I then realized the linen(sorry I'm using linen not nylon) was extremely loose.I moved the motor further away and speed is good again.I guess I'll just keep checking for this and when the linen breaks replace.
What a great table though,having tons of fun.Just for your info I have a basis vector 3 arm and ZYX Airy 3 s-sb cart.

Any concern for the thread snapping during playing session? i.e LP or cart damage

Thanks again,Mike