How often do you listen to live music?

I feel that the constant tuning of our ears to a live musical event, no matter what kind of music ( except perhaps to heavy metal at close quarters for health reasons) is essential for an audiophile to rightly assess his and other systems. I myself try to go to a concert at least three to four times a month. How about my fellow audiophiles out there? And especially how about our panel of experts? Albert, Sean et al ??
detlof
Same here J-D....and thanks Jeff, seems to be the same all over. I got goosepimples however as I read your thoughts about "honest" Jazz- and Bluesmusicians and what bliss, hearing THE Prince jamming. WOW. And as the adrenaline flowed, I thought again: " Amerika, Du hast es besser "!
A brief follow-up on the BSO. I have only lived here for about 2 1/2 years. I have not been to a "Zinman" concert, but everyone here in Baltimore that attends the symphony regularly (including a neighbor who is in the symphony) agrees that Temirkanov has stepped it up a notch. I think sometimes it's just getting a new director that puts everyone on their toes to perform their best--at any rate the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra has really impressed me. The Lang Lang performance of Grieg's Piano Concerto is probably the best concert I've ever seen.
Abstract7, yes, I remembered your prior posts about Temirkanov; I thought they were terrific when I heard them with Zinman, so I'd love to hear an orchestra that sounds better than that! Here in NJ we're looking for a successor to Zdenek Macaal, hope we're as successful as the BSO.
I am a Baltimore Symphony subscriber also. I drive up from Southern Maryland (70 miles). Well worth the trip. I have a friend who also comes down from Rhode Island six time a year to hear Temirkanov conduct.

I also sing with the Baltimore Choral Arts Society. We will be performing with Peter Schickele (P.D.Q. Bach) in March. Last March we performed with Dave Brubeck.