How often do you listen to live music?

I feel that the constant tuning of our ears to a live musical event, no matter what kind of music ( except perhaps to heavy metal at close quarters for health reasons) is essential for an audiophile to rightly assess his and other systems. I myself try to go to a concert at least three to four times a month. How about my fellow audiophiles out there? And especially how about our panel of experts? Albert, Sean et al ??
detlof
Not often enough, alas! Lately, twice a month for classical and once for jazz, blues etc. Offerings and also office hours are a set-back. I cannot just hit a concert at short notice: must plan my schedule well in advance.

I miss having the opportunity to pop into the local venue (or church) to listen to an small ensemble play...

...hence the stereo!!!

Cheers!

Cheers!
I suscribe to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra--which has really gotten to be fantastic with the new director. Outside of that--probably 6 other live events per year. Mostly jazz (went to the New Orleans Jazz Fest--must have seen at least 20 different groups--Audiotomb was probably there) and every now and then get to the opera--Vienna is the best--hope to make it there in 2002 again.
abstract 7

I've been catching the Jazzfest since 86
A wonderful two weekends of music and great music in all the clubs those weeks. It's getting a little too big these days with the big headlining acts, but still a great time, and the food -
Detloff, I find it funny that it would take each of us about the same amount of time to get to Vienna to hear the VPO, although it would cost you a little less! Actually, I'm going to be there next June for a private concert in a nearby castle, so I'll probably exceed my 3/month quota while out there. Abstract7, I heard your orchestra under Maestro Zinmann, if it's even better now I've got to take the 3-hour drive down I-95 to attend a concert or two!