tubes and analog

I just "upgraded" from a Mac SS integrated to a Prima luna dialogue 2 tube amp. The reason that I changed amps was that i assumed that the tube amp would be a better match for my Zu Druid speakers. The amp change was a big improvment for listening through my CDP....but not so when listening to my Rega P9. I had to switch to my spare SS phono stage (Graham slee) to get it to sound right. I was using a tube phono (AES) with my Mac. In Short, my tube amp with SS phono stage is not really an upgrade from my Mac with Tube phono stage. My question is.....should i consider a further upgrade to a better tube phono pre or is it simply that a change from SS to Tube amp is more "pronounced" in digital playback?
csmithbarc
Dear Atmasphere: A well SS design has lower distortion that a well tube design.

In my last trips to USA in three different audio systems: three tube audio devices blow up, one of them was Atmasphere.

Ralph this is not a tournament, you and me like every single music lover are looking for the same: the best quality sound reproduction, you choose to do it through tubes and that's fine other people like me choose doing through SS technology.
Ralph, I'm not against the tube technology: the subject is that till today the SS technology help me in a best way to achieve my music sound priorities, if in the future I find that the tubes ( I owned for many years tube electronics ) could help me you can be sure that I will use it, but today they can't in any way. Btw, by design we dissapear those odd harmonics.

Fortunately for all of us the tube and SS designs are " suffering " improvements over " past " designs and that fact has to be a motive of great enthusiasm for all the audio community.

Instead that we use our time speaking about the advantages/disadvantages of either technology IMHO we could use that time trying to improve our designs or better yet try to work " together " for a better future on the quality music sound reproduction.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Back to the original question:

should i consider a further upgrade to a better tube phono pre or is it simply that a change from SS to Tube amp is more "pronounced" in digital playback?

I strongly suggest to get/build a proper rack and address power filtration in its entirety. Me don't trust PS Audio...me trust Sean & Deano. Search the Jedi archives, young Padwan.

Vibrations will transform into digital jitter. This could be a major cause of digital listening fatigue. Although I'm not against tubes I am against using them to mask system anomalies. Poor room acoustics will exacerbate the jitter issue, especially around 3-4 KHz. It will sound very fatiguing. The rear wall desperately needs treatment and so the first reflection points. Bet you don't have slap echo treatments either.

Last but not least: get the sub out of the equation while you fix this. You might find out it's not necessary at all.

Look Mom, what Ralph Atma, Hagtech, Audiofeil & Raoul didn't come up with!

With psychic power and primal intensity,
Mab33, based upon a view of your system you appear to be one of his customers. You have a fiduciary interest in the product so your remarks are tainted.

Can you say "shill" with me?
Glad to see some people standing up to what are gross misleading anti-SS amp blanket statements. I am ashamed to think that some readers (with less scientific backgrounds perusing audiogon) might take some of these blanket statements at face value and go away and sell a perfectly adequate SS amp and buy a very expensive tube amp and some very expensive interconnects and speaker cables (ending up with 20K of gear & cables) to connect to their $2 K speakers with $50 mass produced drivers (all the while they might be better served by room acoustic treatment, the addition of a sub or upgrading the speakers). The hyperbole of some statements make it seem that SS amps will all sound absolutely terrible by their very nature - I strongly disagree with this belief. (BTW - I agree that tube amps, correctly implemented in a synergistic system, can sound absolutely fantastic....but this does not mean that every SS amp designs is bad - there is good SS sound too)

IMHO, blanket statements and hyperbole is what detracts somewhat from other useful and instructive discussions on these forums. I know everyone is probably guilty of these statements from time to time (including myself) but some persist in pressing their philosophies more than others....
Rauliruegas, the last time I auditioned one of your produc ts it blew up too! What a coincidence!

How about you fess up? The fact is you did not audition our gear. This sort of behaviour on your part is what gets people branded as trolls.