Shuguang 845B vs Shuguang 845M

Just popped an 845B and I was thinking of doing the 845Ms. Anybody with first hand listening experience or reliable second hand experiences? Thanks in advance, warren :)
128x128warrenh
Just to further confuse the nomenclature issue, I'm using 845s from Sophia Electric, but they're the 845C, not 845M. I thought the "M" was proprietary to SuperTNT. In any event I like the 845Cs well enough that I recently bought TWO new pairs when one of my old ones bit the dust. I'm not good at describing sound, but these are the most musical 845s I've ever had in my amps. Good luck, Dave

PS The only downside is that some of the 845Cs fit so tightly into my tube sockets that they're very difficult to remove.
Warren,

To my ears, there is no clear-cut best, but the two tubes have very different flavors. Which to use is highly system dependent.

I use a pair of Cary 805Cs. In those amps, the 845M offers more detail, sounds a little leaner, and has slightly deeper and tighter bass. The 845B has a more full-bodied, warm sound with a little less bass control.

I don't have any experience with the Definitions, but with the Druids, I prefer the 845M. The Druids are already warm sounding, and need the neutral sound of the 845M. I prefer the 845B with Gallo Ref 3s. The Gallos are a somewhat leaner sounding speaker, and benefit from the full-bodied 845B sound.

Jeff
That's funny, Jeff. I have the Gallo Ref 3s and much prefer the metal plate "C" 845s to my 845Bs because, among other things, the Bs are a touch too warm :-)
I have a pretty live room, so I'll probably stick with (re order) the 845Bs. Thanks guys, you've been a great help.

warren :)