Looking for turntable for under $1000

I've been looking at turntables but don't want to spend over $1000. I like the Pro-ject line because they have RCA jacks at the base of the tonearm which allows the user to choose any interconnect he wants. Also like the fact that, unlike the Rega, the the VTA can be easily adjusted. I've narrowed it down to the Xpression ($500), RM-6 SB ($900) and the Xperience ($1000). Would be interested in all your thoughts. Thanks everyone. Bob
bobgates
Piedpiper - yes I do; bought the P3 a while back but have not been completely happy with it; I'm very curious to see how the RM-5 compares.
Excellent, I'll be curious to hear what you think. Bear in mind the option of upgrades.
Bob - Congratulations! My Xperience is supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. On the cart, I'm just going to use the Sumiko pearl that comes with it for a few weeks/months. The Dynavector noted above would be good match as would the Sumiko's. I was also advised to try a B&O cartidge.

Also, you can always purchase a Speedbox or Speedbox SE, which I understand is a nice upgrade. Good luck!

If you start asking about a cart, start another thread.This one's getting too long for me............:)
As far as I know B & O carts only fit B & O arms.

You can improve the sound of the Pearl by removing the stylus from the cart body and snipping off the plastic housing around the metal insert before reinserting. Considering the price of the stylus it's pretty low risk. I've done it to numerous Pearls for a bit more transparancy. I usually use a band saw, very carefully!