For the vinyl enthusiasts

When traveling to different cities, I like to track down local record stores. I live in the Detriot area. There is a wonderful store dedicated to used vinyl. Car City Records in St.Clair Shores. on Harper Road Between 9 mile and 8 mile.

They have an awesome selection, If you like classic rock, jazz, alternative or classical. They have thousands of titles to look over. They also sell a very limited selection of used titles. I have had very good luck with the used records. They average between $5-$10 dollars. Very clean records for a used shop. I would guess that about 70 percent of the music I find there is very playable.

I am asking other vinyl enthusiasts to list their favorite record shops in the cities they live in or have visited.
128x128johnjbarlow
By the way, any Las Vegas residents here? I am traveling there next week and will have approximately 6 hours to shop for used/new LPs. However, I will be staying at a central location on the strip without a car. I do not mind taking a cab, please just post what the approximate fare would be.

Many thanks,
M
If you're In Toronto, check these places out:

Rotate This (Queen & Bathurst)- Mostly new and some used vinyl with an emphasis on ROCK and a selection of jazz, R&B, reggae, etc. Very cool and helpful staff.

Slinky Music (Queen & Spadina)- Mostly new and some used vinyl with an emphasis on dance floor friendly music and a choice selection of hip hop, R&B, jazz, reggae, etc. Very cool and helpful staff.

Play De Record (Yonge & Dundas)- Definitely a DJ shop, but with a choice selection of new jazz, soul, funk and rock with a dance floor friendly vibe. These guys source out some really cool, obscure stuff, that I will never see anywhere else. Very cool and helpful staff.

Criminal Records (Queen & Spadina- across from Slinky Music). These guys have the best prices in the city for rock and a small amount of jazz. Very enthusiastic staff.

BTW, these shops are not all catering to audiophile types, so vinyl gets opened and handled, so you can sample the wares before you purchase it. Just ask at the counter before you open any sealed vinyl as policies vary from place to place and you may find the staff not so cool and helpful after you open something you shouldn't have. If the copy's sealed, they may have it on CD for a listen.

For strictly used stock, check these out:

Vortex (Yonge & Eglinton)
She Said Boom
Babel (Queen & Ossington)
There's several shops between Rotate This and Slinky Music, that makes for a nice walk and digging session.

Enjoy.
I made a typo when I initiated this forum. I stated that Car City Records in St.Clair Shores MI, had a very limited selection of used records, and I meant to say new. Their specialty is used, I would guess that there is well over twenty thousand in stock.

Great response to this one. I think another should be posted soon to find out about other cities, and maybe other countries.
Thanks for all the input.