For the vinyl enthusiasts

When traveling to different cities, I like to track down local record stores. I live in the Detriot area. There is a wonderful store dedicated to used vinyl. Car City Records in St.Clair Shores. on Harper Road Between 9 mile and 8 mile.

They have an awesome selection, If you like classic rock, jazz, alternative or classical. They have thousands of titles to look over. They also sell a very limited selection of used titles. I have had very good luck with the used records. They average between $5-$10 dollars. Very clean records for a used shop. I would guess that about 70 percent of the music I find there is very playable.

I am asking other vinyl enthusiasts to list their favorite record shops in the cities they live in or have visited.
128x128johnjbarlow
It's been a long time since I've been to Tuscon, but there was an excellent store for classical called Jeff's Records in town, and a large one with tons of stuff of all genres on the main route heading out East--Plato, do you remember the names, ever visit them?
Houston has Vinal (not Vinyl) Edge on Veterans Memorial and Black Dog Records on Sheppard near Hwy 59.
In the metro Detroit area, there are 2 vinyl outlets on 9 Mile road west of Woodward Ave in downtown Ferndale. Record Collectors and another store across from it.

Also, in Southfield area, Street Corner Music located at the corner of Southfield Road and 13 Mile road sells both new and used vinyl.

If you are in the Saginaw area, there is a used vinyl outlet "Record and Tapes" located on Court street.
Flipside II Records

973-835-8448 120 Wanaque Ave, Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442

Dan Dondiero is the proprietor
Most of the worthwhile, used LP shops in the DFW area are now gone. In Dallas, the most worthy LP shop for new, indie releases on vinyl: Good Records on lower Greenville Avenue. There are two other stores with extensive collections for used vinyl but they are overpriced IMHO. You might also visit the Half Price Books store on Northwest Highway. Sometimes it will have a few gems for a reasonable price.

Here is a tip: if you are in Southern California, do not miss Lou's Records in Encinitas. It is one of my favorite stores in the USA. Reasonably priced, high quality used vinyl. Just be prepared to while away 1/2 a day, looking for those used LP gems.