For the vinyl enthusiasts

When traveling to different cities, I like to track down local record stores. I live in the Detriot area. There is a wonderful store dedicated to used vinyl. Car City Records in St.Clair Shores. on Harper Road Between 9 mile and 8 mile.

They have an awesome selection, If you like classic rock, jazz, alternative or classical. They have thousands of titles to look over. They also sell a very limited selection of used titles. I have had very good luck with the used records. They average between $5-$10 dollars. Very clean records for a used shop. I would guess that about 70 percent of the music I find there is very playable.

I am asking other vinyl enthusiasts to list their favorite record shops in the cities they live in or have visited.
128x128johnjbarlow
Yeah, my old stomping grounds: Princeton Record Exchange... haven't been there for 6 years as I have moved to GA. Only problem was those pesky price stickers that had some kind of unbelievable glue, impossible to remove without tearing up the cover.
For LP's (not classical) in suburban DC/Maryland, Joe's Record Paradise in Rockville.
Austin, TX.... Waterloo Records, one of the best indies out there mostly CD but the vinyl is growing. Backspin lot's of good used stuff. CD Exchange, lot's of used LP's, punk rock and indie stuff. How could I forget Antones... R&B, Rockabilly, blues, etc.

Lot's more I didn't mention.

Chris

PS Anyone know of a good place in Houston or Dallas?
Washington DC area, Joe's Record Paradise in Rockville, MD. I never leave without WAY too many LPs. Great jazz selection (my primary interest) and very reasonable prices, all things considered. Dave
It's been a long time since I've been to Tuscon, but there was an excellent store for classical called Jeff's Records in town, and a large one with tons of stuff of all genres on the main route heading out East--Plato, do you remember the names, ever visit them?