For the vinyl enthusiasts

When traveling to different cities, I like to track down local record stores. I live in the Detriot area. There is a wonderful store dedicated to used vinyl. Car City Records in St.Clair Shores. on Harper Road Between 9 mile and 8 mile.

They have an awesome selection, If you like classic rock, jazz, alternative or classical. They have thousands of titles to look over. They also sell a very limited selection of used titles. I have had very good luck with the used records. They average between $5-$10 dollars. Very clean records for a used shop. I would guess that about 70 percent of the music I find there is very playable.

I am asking other vinyl enthusiasts to list their favorite record shops in the cities they live in or have visited.
128x128johnjbarlow
Perhaps, just as helpful, would be stores to avoid. There are two major vinyl shops in Denver: Wax Trax (cool name) and Twist and Shout. Both suck. When you walk in the door to either dingy, odoriferous establishment, the clerks are wiping the new stock with a greasy felt cloth. The manager at TnS is arrogant and unpleasant. I've had the best luck by far on the 'net. So long brick and mortar.
Amoeba Music and Rasputin Records in the San Fransico Bay Area. Both Have multi locations. Amoeba has a great store also in Hollywood.
Flipside Records in Pompton Lakes NJ. Only open Thurs., Fri. and Sat.. Great atmosphere. Owner is a great guy.
Good thread! I was working in Toledo for nearly 18 months (finished up the project last June) and made weekly trips to Ann Arbor, Michigan. PJ's Records was probably my favorite due to the very nice clean stock of used lp's as well as new stuff. Mark and I discussed White Sox-Tiger baseball on many occasions. I also scored quite a few nice lp's at Encore Records. PJ's was more expensive ($7-$11 average) than Encore. Encore's stock seems endless though, tons of albums of all genre's. I made it to a great place in Grand Rapids (on the corner right off I-69) too. Never made it up to Detroit though. Allied Records in Toledo is an okay place if you're trying to buld up your collection, though you really have to look at his stock.