For the vinyl enthusiasts

When traveling to different cities, I like to track down local record stores. I live in the Detriot area. There is a wonderful store dedicated to used vinyl. Car City Records in St.Clair Shores. on Harper Road Between 9 mile and 8 mile.

They have an awesome selection, If you like classic rock, jazz, alternative or classical. They have thousands of titles to look over. They also sell a very limited selection of used titles. I have had very good luck with the used records. They average between $5-$10 dollars. Very clean records for a used shop. I would guess that about 70 percent of the music I find there is very playable.

I am asking other vinyl enthusiasts to list their favorite record shops in the cities they live in or have visited.
128x128johnjbarlow
Philadelphia...
In the city:
Philadelphia Record Exchange, 618 S 5th St (215.745.4151)
...(large collection of all types of music)
Book Trader, 7N 2d Street (215-925-0517)(great for classical)
AKA Music on 2d Street between Market and Race Streets

In the western suburbs:
Gold Million Records, Lancaster Ave (Rt. 30) in Bryn Mawr
Shady Dog Records, Lancaster Ave (Rt. 30) in Berwyn
Minneapolis, MN:
Cheapo Records at 1300 W. Lake St.
Landspeed/Roadrunner Records, 4304 Nicollet Ave. S
I go to the Wooden Nickel on N. Anthony Blvd. (just off Coliseum) in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. They have a good selection of some new but mostly used vinyl at very reasonable prices.
Perhaps, just as helpful, would be stores to avoid. There are two major vinyl shops in Denver: Wax Trax (cool name) and Twist and Shout. Both suck. When you walk in the door to either dingy, odoriferous establishment, the clerks are wiping the new stock with a greasy felt cloth. The manager at TnS is arrogant and unpleasant. I've had the best luck by far on the 'net. So long brick and mortar.