Any experience with the Audio Research PH7?

Please describe other similiarly priced phono stages you've compared to the ARC PH7 and in what context. Thanks!
128x128rvlardon
I am using the PH7 with a ARC Ref 3 preamp and a Dynavector XV1s and sufficient gain is not a problem. I love the PH7 in my system and it has worked exceedingly well for over 300 hours.
A lot of the new moving coils are higher output and will work well. However the Koetsu Platinums' the ZYX Universe and some other great catridges will not work well.
Thanks for your responses. For those of you that have the PH7 can you provide any comparatives to say the Lamm LP2 Deluxe, IO, Groove Plus, Steelhead, etc.?

FYI, I use a Lyra Helikon (not SL or mono)which is around .35mv. I, too, had some concern about the PH7's gain of 57.5 db. The last phono stage I had (and did not like -- not enough air) was a BAT VK-P10 (non SE version)which I ran at about 61 - 63 db. I loaded it down to either 2k or 10k as I recall, as running it wide open at 47K had some top-end tininess. Currently happy with an ARC Ref 2, MK II pre. Wish also the PH7 had balanced outputs to run balanced into the Ref2 which I run balanced into my Pass XA200 monoblocks.
I am demoing the PH7 at the moment and boy does it sound nice.
Personally I have never liked the ARC "aluminium foil" sound, but they have changed for the better on this phono stage.
It has enough gain for my dyna-xv-1, even thou I can get up to 90 on the volume control, however that is very loud.
I think Tim on the soundstage review nailed the sound to a T. The whole musical presentation is just superb.
I am getting closer to trading in my Pass Xono. It would have been nice to have 2 inputs thou.

anyone else using a PH7 or feel that another phono stage is out and out better, musically