Building high-end 'tables cheap at Home Despot II

“For those who want the moon but can't afford it or those who can afford it but like to have fun and work with their hands, I'm willing to give out a recipe for a true high-end 'table which is easy to do, and fun to make as sky's the limit on design/creativity! The cost of materials, including 'table, is roughly $200 (depending, more or less), and add to that a Rega tonearm. The results are astonishing. I'll even tell/show you how to make chipboard look like marble and fool and impress all your friends. If there's interest I'll get on with this project, if not, I'll just continue making them in my basement. The next one I make will have a Corian top and have a zebra stripe pattern! Fun! Any takers?”

The Lead in “Da Thread” as posted by Johnnantais - 2-01-04

Let the saga continue. Sail on, oh ships of Lenco!
mario_b
Same old same old, eh? If it weren't for Jean, you wouldn't be here. Neither would I, or anyone else. Time to leave. Dave
While I appreciate the sentiment, Win, I am not seeking particular credit for myself, or my son (who has actually contributed substantially without anyone's knowledge). He, and I, really could not care less and it is fruitless to debate with those who are never wrong. I am always reminded in these instances of my father who always said that one should NEVER feel the need to toot one's own horn. If it is a horn wth a good tune, others will toot it for you. He did go on to say that when someone acts like the one man band, though, the guys in the back rows sometimes have to stand up so that the audience might appreciate the orchestra.

With that I will take Pogue enjoiner and take my own leave. Regardless of what is said additionally to or about me here, I shall choose not to respond. ;-)
Oh, one last thing because I would be seriously remiss if not giving Jlin kudos for digging through his archives for all the old tips that might have been summarily flushed otherwise. Surely many will benefit from your effort.
Dave,

That is certainly true. I suppose what we are saying is simply that we should use what has been learned to its maximum effect, and think outside the box, so that new ideas can be brought to light that will make the Lenco an even better turntable than we already know it can be. Whatever refinements can be made, should be made. I know that we all agree that innovation is key to progress. From what I see so far, the new thread seems to be going in that direction, and that's a good thing. The recap of the old one's history is nice, too.

mosin
Mosin, you may be speaking to a stage that, as I read it, is quickly clearing. So without further adieu …
Everybody on stage for the line number, please! Take your bows or take your best shots. Willbewill, Bornin, Freek? It seems apparent that the curtain on this long-playing show may be coming down shortly. So roses or tomatoes, come one, come all, while the getting’s good.
Ironically, the elements that have held this odyssey together for so long, may also be taking it asunder: conviction and passion.

- Mario