Turntable Experts - please help repair speed prob

I'm hoping some of you TT experts have a solution for me -

I have the original Pink Triangle turntable which runs off of a 9V DC supply. Today while listening, the speed jumped up quite a bit (ie the music was noticably fast, higher pitch). This happened once before a few months ago. The speed is now too fast and the speed adjust pot can't bring it back down to 33 rpm. Last time this hapened I simply fiddled with the voltage output from my variable PSU and adjusted the speed pots. Eventually I got it back in line. This time it's not been so easy.

2 Questions -
1- is there a likely part on the control board to check?
2- I'm thinking of just upgrading the motor/controller - Does anyone other than Origin Live (and/or Funk) offer Motor upgrades?

thanks in advance
bdgregory
Dewald_visser, it looks like you hit the nail on th head. The control board is pretty simple, and there's one 3300uf capacitor on the output drive for the motor. I didn't have an exact replacement so I added a 1000uf (I canibalized it from a car stereo!)in parallel with the 3300uf.

It's holding speed perfectly now, and the adjustment pots are set closer to mid point now. I'll run it like this until I can pick up a replacement for the 3300uf.

thanks fo the assist, Brad G.
Chris, thanks for the top re: Teres

I looked over their options, and they seem to have a superior motor and controller to Origin Live; the problem for me is it's even pricier than OL's. Since I managed to fix my existing board, the upgrade will have to wait. thanks again.