Tom Evens Groove Plus

i pulled the plug on a groove plus to replace my ear 834p and wanted to hear from other goners on there good or bad experiences with the groove plus, will be using a zyx airy three x sb, on a vpi aires three 10.5i, with a hovland music groove two phono interconnect, thanks mike
stltrains
hey gmc, when you start saying that i might be done stuff, i wonder could that ever be possible to a audiophile, the tom evens equipment is as good as it gets, just one piece in my system has made a difference that is on the side of musical satisfaction deluxe, being sunday i am playing a lot of beatles lps while watching football, the only thing that went wrong today is the saints found the lost column, o well the music and beatles are pulling me through, will be looking into further upgrades with tom evens gear, mike
hi gmc and mike
gmc are youre speakers bi ampable
i dont know your speakers personally
i recently had a chat with tom evans regarding speakers with
low impedance in the bass units
he suggested 2 x linear As but both with the high impedance
and low impedance transformers in the same chassis and using them as monos
so effectively one linear a drives the left speaker
low imp for bass high for treble
the other drives the right speaker
in this configuration you would also get a 2 or 3 db volume increase
interesting thought eh?
has anybody else out there tried the pulse2
its as ugly as sin[looks like a small linear a]
it is meant to be quite an upgrade over the pulse
i havn"t heard them side by side so cannot actually comment on this myself
all the best fellas
uk tel

Uktel,

I have though about twinning on Linear A's but will wait for the B's to get full benefit of that technology. (it is a pain sending those 75 lb boxes back and forth to Wales...)

Tell us more about the Pulse 2. I have seen or heard nothing on this.

Thanks
Hi Gmc,the Pulse2 provides the Vibe preamp with far greater resolution from lows to highs with lots more air around the performers.Soundstage, the images are more solid with impoved front to back detail.The design of the box reduces field effect caused by the large transformer.Older Pulse's can be upgraded to Pulse 2.Regards to all music lovers, Tom Evans.
hi gmc
had to ring tom evans up to try to answer your'e last question as i have not ABd the pulse/pulse2 myself
what he said was the 2 is far superior in the frequency
extremes with far greater top to bottom wallop
the difference he claims is not subtle
one thing i have noticed in my own system is that the backing singers have the same sense of power and in room presence as the main vocalist
i asked tom if he wouldn't mind popping in and having a chat with us all
fingers crossed eh
best regards
uktel