SOTA Nova vs SME 20/2

I currently own a Sota Nova series 5 with cosmos armboard (circa 1999) with an SME V tonearm recently serviced along with internal wiring upgrade at SME in England. Cart is Benz Micro Ruby2 H. Long story short, i am seriously considering replacing the Sota with a new SME 20/2. I would keep the SME V and mount it on the 20/2 along with the Ruby2. I was also considering the SME model 10 but i do not feel this would be a significant upgrade over the Sota hence going to the 20/2 makes more sense. I have also considered the Cosmos but i am really leaning toward the SME tables now. Before the Nova i owned a Star Saphire. I've been a Sota owner for almost 20 years. I have read rave reviews from around the audio world on all 3 SME models 10-20-30. Would appreciate any thoughts or comments anyone may have. Just want to make sure i am going in the right direction. I believe i am.....Sly
smoffatt
Dear Plinko: Yes, I read that review. The own footers ( three columns ) that have the Analog one are not up to the " task ". I by-passed through Pneumatic Audio technica footers and the sound is stellar.

For the arms, you can take a look to " my system ".

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Sirspeedy: +++++ " I have had(as well as two friends)a SOTA vacuum system(in various models) for over two decades,without a single tick or pop,that I could blame on the vacuum system. " +++++

You are really lucky. I use vacuum system for many years ( I still use it ) because the impact, for the better, that has on the quality music sound reproduction but over those years in some of my LPs growth some " noises " that were develop by the vacuum system, I will try to explain: it does not matters how high/low was the vacuum presure we must to leave " perfect clean " the TT vacuum platter before we put the LP on it and we must to have " perfect clean " the LP side that is in direct contact with the vacuum platter ( this job is almost imposible to achieve: " perfect clean " ), if not any dust could stick permanent on the LP tracks and from this we could have " noises " on the LP reproduction.
Till today I don't have a solution for this critical subject. Now, this is a trade-off and we have to decide if we take it or not, I take it because the improvement in the quality music reproduction is " heavy " that those " noises ".

Sirspeedy, I would like to know how did you solve that issue.

Raul.
Hey Raul,I can't really answer for you,though I have some theories.Firstly I always use a Decca record brush just before taking the LP off the platter.I also use a soft brush(actually a facial make-up brush)to dust off any dust(which I seldom see),which may accumulate on the platter,during a listening session.Most importantly,I am lucky enough to have a dedicated listening room.All this probably helps.

BTW-Just as a fun point of interest,I went to the VTV show today,and heard my first Allaerts.Not the top model,and not a system I am familiar with,yet,and yet it was clearly a very special "musical" experience.You are correct(based on my limited experience)in calling these really fine transducers.

Also,and this was interesting,and fun,I heard a system(one I'm fairly familiar with)that consisted of Horning hybrid speakers,Tron amps,the WORLD CLASS Japanese Audio Note preamp(more expensive than any car in the parking lot),and TWO Davinci tonearms.One arm having the Myabi Ivory cartridge,and the other Davinci carrying the XV-1s.These were on a very fine table(quite massive).We compared both cartridges using the same LP tracks.Miles Davis' Kind of Blue( I own the "six Eye original").Well I was surprised as to how distinctively different both these cartridges sounded.I knew they should,but they were really different.BOTH were quite superb.The Myabi was the more romantic and warm sounding(in a good way),with fine detail and timbrel character.The Dynavector was EVERYTHING I had come to hear about it.It was the more neutral,but was "KILLER" good at digging into the recordings we played.More dynamic, but I could easily live with either.Yet to tell the truth,based on the "littlest" Allaerts,I'd have to say that my appetite is paused to hear the Allaerts "big boys"!I have a sneaky suspicion that they might be the "ones"to cherish,and pass down to the grand kids. -:)
Thought you'd like a "good read",so sorry for my length,here.

Best!
Dear Sirspeedy: Maybe your dedicated room is the " subject " against my living room.

Yes, the XV-1 is a great cartridge but the Allaerts: WOW!!!!

Btw, nice and interesting experienced you have with Mr. King!!!!!

Raul.