Lenco tables

I've read so many excellent, almost unbelievable threads on how good a modded lenco table sounds, that i talked my friend into buying one, and now he is mad at me, because he had only two words to describe his new purchase, "it sucks" !! whats up, why oh why, did you lead me down the wrong path ???
readster
i'm not sure really, he said he bought it online, i'm going to go over and check it out tonight, and i'll let you know, and he seriously may want to sell it also, i'll ask him.
If he bought it in total ignorance of the problems of stock Lencos and the work involved in restoring/rebuilding them, then he would be disappointed. Not like Thorenses, which need perhaps a belt and a new cartridge. Also not like the Thorenses in that their potential is immeasurably higher. There'll be a line-up of folks wanting to take it off his hands if he finds it too problematic. Hope it didn't get damaged in transit.
Sucks how? I have two, one fully modded/replinthed/re-armed etc, and the other simply restored and mildly tweaked. The first is utterly awsome -- best TT or front end for that matter I've been intimate with. The second is terrific too, giving extremely musical and pacey performance for real cheap.

So what Lenco has he got, how modded or restored, what condition, and what associated gear (cart, etc)?