List or discuss your favorite music

List your favorite music recordings, and why you love them. Sonic excellence, musical and emotional content, or maybe just fun and memories.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
I like most classic and modern rock also, too bad it's usually not recorded as well as the audiophile stuff.
I`ve played drums in a rock band for 35 years,I love all types of music!I agree with Carl there aren`t many recorded rock music these days that are done well, here are a few that I think sound good. Alan Parson Project most of them anyway, Bruce Cockburn`s stuff is done very well, DEAD CAN`T DANCE all of them, Chick Corea Akoustic Band, the live one is great ,the studio one sounds good as well, some of the stuff from Frank Gambale is done real good,I also like some of the ones done by Bill Bruford, the last two were killer, the new one from Steely Dan is done very well. Vital Information the last three were very good,as well as Steve Smith`s last two outings, I just love music,I love to play it and hear it at home , at 48 and still breaking sticks and heads!!!!! love it, just plain love it!!!!! Greg
Dire Straits has very good sound on most of their albums, and the music is above average for rock. The remastered Tommy by The Who is kick ass rock which now sounds like a modern recording. Best remaster so far, IMHO, of pop music. The first Keb Mo disc is excellent blues and has a lot of warmth and air. Garbage Version 2.0 is great modern music, but the mix is club all the way, very mid-bass heavy, but there's good stuff at the very bottom, too, to test that sub-woofer. I'll do another post for jazz and classical, if that's what you're interested in.
DG: Is this the same Steve Smith that was Journey's drummer? Do you know him? AG: Forgive my stupidity, but what does "IMHO" mean?
Carl,yes that is the same dude who played with Journey, I do think he got some of his start from Jean Luc Ponty a few years back. I don`t know him personaly, but the guy who ran the sound crew at gig a few years ago said he was a pain in the ass to work with, Murry did sound for the Eagles, and Jean Luc Ponty ,he off the road doing a gig in Charlston at a big jazz club , he sure did a great job on my Pearl MASTERS KIT, the drums sounded great, the bass drums would ripe your head off. IMHO, means in my humble opinion. do have any Steve Smith cds? if you want a list , let me know. Greg