List or discuss your favorite music

List your favorite music recordings, and why you love them. Sonic excellence, musical and emotional content, or maybe just fun and memories.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
It looks like almost no one wants to post here.This is the most interesting subject.What is the use of talking too much about wires and campwood we call loudspeakers?My $300.00 guitar played in a closet sounds better than Albert's $100000.00 system(sorry,man). Come on!Don't be afraid.
Mikhail, when you have a "live" source, its hard to compete with electronics. Kind of like my photography trying to compete with looking out ANY window (at reality). Good point, and hope other Audiogon posters will list music that we can consider for our own library. By the way, I agree with Eldragon, the Robert Lucas albums are some of the most fun blues/rock around. It's impossible to sit still when he plays! A great example is "Good Bye Baby" (last cut on side 2) of Luke and the Locomotives, it makes me laugh with joy.
Here is the list of my 11 year old son:Dead Can Dance(Into The Labyrinth),Jean Michel-Jarre(Oxygen),Pink Floyd(Wish You Were Here),Aquarium(very famous Russian folk-rock band),Al Di Meola(Kiss My Axe).Not bad.What do you think?
Glad to see you like Sarah McLachlin. "Mirror Ball" is a great live album, give it a listen. I have most of the vinyl you list also.
It would be a very long list Albert, so here is a short version off the top of my head, and allowing for the fact that I can never remember the names of albums; Steve Poltz "One Left Shoe", almost anything by Shirley Horn but try "You Won't Forget Me" (great test disk also - if it sounds wrong in any way then the problem is with your system), all of Count Basie's small group stuff on Pablo, most of Bill Morrisey's stuff but try "You'll Never get To Heaven", Christy Moore's live album, Guy Clark's live album, various Chico Freeman, Bill Evans "Waltz For Debby" and the other Village Vanguard albums/sets, Cannonball Adderly's "Something Else", David Sylvian's "Songs From The Beehive, any Eric Bibb album, any non-fusion Miles Davis, almost any Ben Webster... did I mention Duke Ellington? ...