I'm hearing things

I wonder if anyone can explain why this happens. Between tracks I sometimes hear the start of the next track before it happens! I hear a very faint rendition of the first bar before the music-proper comes in. It's kind of ghistly and rather disconcerting! This is only discernable when I listen to a record with the volume quite high and I don't think it's with every record I own.

What causes this? Is this a fault or feature with the record pressing itself or due to some incorrent alignment/setup?

Any help, very much appreciated. Thanks.
nickatkins
It's called pre-echo and it's normal with most non-audiophile pressings of records (on records made from old master tapes, this sound you're hearing could also be tape saturation/print-through). It generally is the record's fault, unless it comes from the tape saturation/print-through, in which case it's the master tape's fault. Now if it had been a CD you were talking about, you'd likely be hearing things.
Thanks for the reply. I hear it on Stevie Ray Vaughan "Couldn't Stand The Weather" on Pure Pleasure. It's 2 180g slabs so I assume it's "audiophile" although I bet the tape wasn't very good from which they remastered it. The CD recording was awful.
Print-through actually can also show up on CDs from old master tapes--I've heard it on a few of the Living Stereo re-releases. Not much the folks pressing the record can do about it.
I've noticed it also on a few LP's (can you tell I like Goodwill?) - I've always wondered what it was. I figured it was using the same tape to record over and over until they get it right.

Thanks!