Bolero:why can't my system reproduce snare well?

For those of you who don't follow my posts religiously, I recently purchased a pair of Martin Logan SL3's. I love them; they especially excel with voices. However, last night, I was listening to Bolero, and the snare sounded terrible. It sounded muffled and faint. I adjusted the settings, and nothing helped. I am using a MC275 and c2300, so I assume the problem is with the speakers. Any suggestions, ideas? Thank you in advance.
elegal
Here's a Bolero to consider: Jesus' Lopez-Cobos conducting the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra on Telarc. I haven't heard it but the review I read seems like the highest recommendatino possible.

The review was written by Bert Whyte, co-founder and recording engineer for Everest Recordings. His review recalled when he heard the New York Phil play Bolero and it gave him goosebumps and raised the hair on the nape of his neck. After that early experience, he heard Bolero played several times, but never had that physical reaction again until he played the Telarc/Lopez-Cobos/Cin'ti Symphony Orch. rendition on his home stereo.

Telarc recorded symphonies with three omnidirectional microphones, and Cincinnati's Music Hall (where it was recorded) is one of the best acoustical venues in the US. Here it is.
FROGMAN, I have heard Bolero live many times. I frequently attend Davies Hall to hear the SF symphony. This year, they played Bolero on opening night, and the recollection of that performance is still very vivid. That performance was the main reason for my lack of satisfaction when listening to Bolero on my stereo.
El,

Well, if you recall it live in a good venue, then you have an excellent frame of reference for what it can sound like.

Unfortunately, recordings seldom sound exactly like any particular live performance. So many factors impact what you hear live and what you hear playing a recording, including production related factors!!

USually simple 2 or three mike recordings have the best shot at delivering somwthing that most resembles what might be heard live. Have not heard it but the Telarc 3 mike production sounds like a decent bet.

Or if you can find a Bolero on labels known to record in this manner, like vintage Mercury Living Presence, or more modern Dorian or Mapleshade labels, go for it!
I am skeptical that the issue is with the speaker. If you had British box speakers I might understand but a planar or electrostatic should do well on cymbal transients. You indicated the source was LP; what is your turntable, arm and cartridge combination?
Seems to be a simple cabling synergy/mis-match issue to me..
Change a component within a system, more so the speakers - you'll most likely have to
re-finetune to get things to perfect again. Some cables tending toward the rich full side
usually do thicken hence muffled/faint attacks/leading edge of certain instrumentations.

Call the CableCo./your dealer to borrow some and play around a bit (IC, SC, PC -
depending on what you have and are currently using - zoom in on the 'suspect' and try
switching that piece out) I'm quite sure with a little effort your problem could be
overcome quickly this way ie.find that right balance for your system and taste. In my
case, having had similar issue, the swapping of one IC going from dac>pre does the
trick. Good luck.