Verdier Graham and Shelter???

I am about to buy a Verdier and my cartidge is a Shelter 901.

Now I am loocking for a tonearm wich could match both Verdier and Shelter.

I know that the Shroeder DPS or REFERENCE could be a possible combo but delivery time is several months.

Is the Graham 2.2 a possibility?

Does somebody have an idea ?

Thanks

Tenmus
tenmus
Dear Raul,

Have you compared the Ikeda with the older FR66 and 64 etc.? If yes, what is your feeling about them?

Thanks,

Michael
Dear Michael: Yes, as a fact the arm wand is the same and the design is very similar, where there are differences is on the headshell of the Ikeda that is better than the FR and in the internal wiring that too is better on the Ikeda. The performance is almost similar if the FR bearing is in very good condition.

One advantage with the Ikeda tonearms is that is a current model with warranty. I like it.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Raul,

Thanks for your answer. The reason I asked is that I have a FR64S and a FR64Fx. The 64Fx is a very late model, which is silver in color. It was NOS when I got it about 3 years ago, and I have since changed the internal wiring to ClearAudio. I am using either a Orsonic or ClearAudio headshell with them. I was thinking of trying out an Ikeda, but base on your comment, I may just relax, sit back and listen to more music.

Thanks again,

Michael