VPI HRX?

I m considering buying VPI HR-X which is highly rated by absolute sound reviewer. Read fr Salvatore of High-end audio that VPI HR-X prototype with solid aluminium plinth with solid platter fr TNT turntable is highly recommended but not the present HR-X with acrylic platter and composite plinth. Give me your comment. TQ
128x128audioblazer
Wonder hopw much more (or less ) resonace you would get without composite plinth.Heavy platter should work fine but will it have new bearing arrnagement?And of course no outter ring clam if that's important.Those I have read say it works wella and is worth time to set up.This verus obviously good deal.Me I'd save more scratch and maybe by newer one used but that's a numbers issues for you.You probley would get straight talk fromhead tech Mike or Harrry himself about what you are egtting and what you are giving up.
Reagrds
Chazz
I've read the same thing, and been thinking about the upgrdade. I think Harry W. wants 11k for it. That would be around 6K more from my current SuperScout Master. The big question of course "Is the sonic difference worth the 6K??"
anybody got any idea how much more it would cost if the HR-x comes with a solid platter and aluminium plinth ?