help, magnepan tonearm ,does anybody know.

is there anybody who knows that arm and what does it compare to.what would be the best cartridge to put on.thanks in advance.pat
128x128pataldorr
Circa 1980, this was an audiophile classic.

To my knowledge, quite rare and a bit pricey, but I occasionally spotted one in high end dealers around 1980 when it would have compared favourably to the SME III and the Infinity Black widow arm.

In terms of table and cartridge matching, I am sure you will get some better feedback than I can give you. But I want to say that I remember one on a Thorens turntable with a Denon 103.

You could also call Magnepan. If you can get through to their technical sales support guy (Wendell?) he is a veteran of the business and Magnepan and will surely give you all the info you need.
You might try contacting "Mosin" over at the Vinyl Asylum forum of Audio Asylum (www.audioasylum.com). I believe he has something like four of them. Good luck, Dave
Post removed 
Viridian is correct in its day I would say it was an above average performer.Had a very straight profile,and could help catridges track better.Also seemed to handle less then perfectly flat records quiet well,But did need high compliant mm's for best performance.