Bellari VP129 thoughts/experiences?

So, does anyone have an thoughts, or even better, experience on/with the Bellari VP129 tube phono stage?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
ballywho
It's not listed in Bluebook. I assume that's because Belari is actually a Pro electronics bus, not audiophile.

As for the hum problem, I had it big time. I sent it back to them twice, the second time they sent me a new one. I got it and the problem was still there. I finally rigged a jumper from the RCA ground (ie in addition to the ground post) on the Belari to my preamp ground - problem solved. Thinking about it in hind-sight, it sounds like there's something stupid wrong with the assembly.

As for price, I bought mine for $130 direct from Belari about 2 years ago. The list price at the time was $169, mine was a "b-stock". That these are selling used for over $200 is surprising to me.

Finally, when I owned mine I did not try alternative tubes. I wonder, would imagine that a good 12AT7 would really improve the sound.
I use them in systems with no issues. The manual even talks about how to correct any noise problems, but I haven't had any so it wasn't needed. I think they sound great, and you can't quibble about the price. Certainly the cheapest audiophile component I've seen.
From what I understand, the only shortcoming with the Bellari, is a slight lack of gain for some med output MC's. Tube rolling I understand greatly improves the Bellari. Just a cheap new New Sensor "Mullard" should do the trick. Mark