Equipment Set-up Recommendations?

Hi Folks:
I recently installed an air-bearing linear tracking tonearm (the MG-1). Table and cartridge are Teres 255 and ZYX Airy 3x-sb low output. Generally, I'm thrilled with the setup, but I find that when I walk around the room, the cartridge can jump, which is very disconcerting.

When I switch to the OL Silver arm I have, such jumping does not seem to occur, so I'm guessing the MG-1 is more sensitive. All my equipment is supported with the double rack, which may also be a variable to consider - I have my Teres on top - about 40 inches above the ground.

Anyway, I'd welcome any input or insight that migth provide me with a more stable, isolated listening environment where my cartridge won't jump (how bad is that for the cartridge anyway - should that be considered an emergency, or is it pretty common/not-a-big-deal? I've inquired about getting a Gingko platform, which may or may not help. Ideally, I'd like to keep the Teres on top of the rack, as it looks great, is highly accessible, and I don't want to take up more realestate with a seperate Teres stand, if I don't have to.

Anyway, any input and advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

John.
128x128outlier
I had the footfall problem with a non-suspended table in a livingroom system. Placing the table on a Symposium Ultra Platform which in turn was placed on Navcom pucks on the rack completely eliminated the problem without coloring the sound.
Your Symposium and Navcom solution should be a quite effective, albeit expensive, solution. Both have different compliances and would be attenuating different frequencies of vibration quite effectively.

I find the use of Symposium platforms, shelves, roller bearings, etc. extremely effective at dissipating unwanted vibrations. Great stuff.
Outlier, I almost forgot to add one experience I had. I have Mana stands, level 2, under my tt. I was having footfall problems. Lloyd Walker suggested a brace to the wall from well up on the rack. His argument was that the rack does not go up and down as the floor is anchored at the wall; rather it flexs up and down only in the middle but sways the rack fore and aft near the walls. At any rate, the brace worked. This is an effective solution only if it passes WAF, of course.
John, Make sure the the following steps.
1.Stepping with 3 tip toe under the TT And make sure it will not easy to fall down.
2.Level the TT.
3.Level the tonearm. Adjust the counter weight to balance the cartridge with zero VTF. Then look which direction the arm slide to.Adjust the level cone screw till you get the perfect level.(please keep the cartridge with stylus protect on when you are doing this adjustment).
4.Adjust the tangential (overhang) And give it a approximate VTA now.
5.Adjust the Azimuth.
6.Give the 75% VTF of cartridge's recommend(around 1.5gw).
7.Play some records and make sure everything were well setup already.

There is no fricition between the air bean and slide arm wand when air bearing working. The moving force was gave from the groove of vinyl when turn. Let us think about this. If you do not put the stylus on its right position. what will you get??? Three result.Jump to inside. nothing happan.Jump to outside....

Or If the arm slide without parallel with TT. Yes, 3 result.

Raul, Have you ever been experienced with MG-1?
You are absolutely right. This is not an air tangent.
1.The proto type had been complete on July 2001. The ari tangent announced their 2002 model on Oct 2001. I started to build this arm on Feb 2000 .Did you ever been seen the lathe machine. Yes you are right. The mechnical of MG-1 were base on lathe machine's tool post.
2.Please check the angle of the air beam blow design and level adjust mount design and DRO design between MG-1 and AT's design ( www.airtangent.net http://www.airtangent.net/images/45b.gi ) You will know what I am talking about.
3. I am sorry that I don't even seen the "real" air tangent.
4. I gave the best I have. And share the "real" I have.

If Priced this arm $300.00 USD is a mistake. I think the people will enjoy this mistake as well as I am.

One more thing. I am going to design a TT which will operate by air bearing(experiment complete)with vacuum suck down system. And direct drive mortor....

May I know how much should I ask for to avoid The MG-3 to become to another one well konwn TT's clone...
Thanks for clarify this fact.
Enjoy the music...
Ada
Loyd is only part right. the tt is moving in two planes both horizontal and vertical. Consider two vectors forming a 90 dgree angle. the resulting vector is 45 dgrees causing the rack to lean. In the case of foot falls as your weight is applied to the floor it sags toward the middle because it is anchored in both the vertcial and horizontal plane. anchoring it to the wall would only eliminate horizontal motion. Unless of course you have created what is essetially a wall mount by making a wall anchor strong enough to restrict the motion in both planes.

No engineers were killed in making this explanation.