VPI Aries owners

What you put underneath your Aries to control vibrations?
sidssp
i uses a 1.75 inch thick piece of granite (left overs from a stone company 20$). it made a big difference over the corian i used before.

my unit is also suspended from the wall on a shelf.

jim
I use a custom stand made from 3"x2" steel beams and sand filled. Weight is several hundred pounds on four spikes. Hitting the stand with your fist while a record is playing does not affect the sound. The Aries is on a granite slab 1" thick. Failure to adequately isolate the VPI will only allow you to realize a small level of the performance the VPI is capable of. The sound will lack fullness and depth without a good stand. The VPI stand is excellent. Jallen
My Aries is on a passive Vibraplane. The Vibraplane significantly improved the perfomance of the table.
I really wouldn't recommend the Seismic Sink as I've had many problems trying to level the darn thing. You can pick up a used Vibraplane on Ebay (just keep an open eye.. I got mine from a Used Scientific Supplies store for about $300!). Barring the use of something like the Vibraplane, I would opt for the Big Rock 19 (maybe the TNT dedicated stand can be modified?).