VPI Aries owners

What you put underneath your Aries to control vibrations?
sidssp
I use a Bright Star 19 sandbox.It's made for the Aires and has a cutout for the sama.It's the best!
Hi Sid...I had a custom base made for the unit and the difference was enormous! If anyone is interested let me know and I will forward you his name and information. I am also trying to get Harry Weiseld to see this stand and possibly incorporate it (or something like it) in his line. Sid, your right, the Aries is great, but it does need some isolation.
i uses a 1.75 inch thick piece of granite (left overs from a stone company 20$). it made a big difference over the corian i used before.

my unit is also suspended from the wall on a shelf.

jim
I use a custom stand made from 3"x2" steel beams and sand filled. Weight is several hundred pounds on four spikes. Hitting the stand with your fist while a record is playing does not affect the sound. The Aries is on a granite slab 1" thick. Failure to adequately isolate the VPI will only allow you to realize a small level of the performance the VPI is capable of. The sound will lack fullness and depth without a good stand. The VPI stand is excellent. Jallen
My Aries is on a passive Vibraplane. The Vibraplane significantly improved the perfomance of the table.