Db Power Amp - is there a better ripper out there?

I had been using iTunes to rip for a long while but on those occasions when it failed I turned to MAX.

Then I heard about DB Ripper and the albums I've ripped so far have significantly better SQ than either iTunes or MAX

I also noticed the file sizes are larger with db poweramp.

Am I correct in assuming this is because all the data is now there?

Or is db poweramp augmenting the data?

So, if you know of better ripping software please post it here

Thanks in advance
williewonka
Maybe its a cue file that you are looking at? Although, you have been using it for years and I'm sure you know better.

Sometimes iTunes seems like it has a mind of its own and sometimes does weird things. At least for me, anyway. Try ripping to a different folder that has nothing to do with iTunes. If that works, then you can just transfer the music to iTunes.

It would be a good idea to check how all of your software is configured. Sometimes, when programs get updated, they need to be re configured.
Mapman,

No, because when I rip with iTunes it works fine and is where it should be.

Zd542, I tried that but it did not work. I will try it again and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

Neal
Nglazer,

What format are you ripping to? You may want to double check that because iTunes doesn't support all formats, like the very popular FLAC. Also, try and open your ripped files using a different media player. VLC or Audacious would be a good choice. They both play just about every audio format there is.
I'm not at home to check but if there is an error log check that to see if more information on what happens at the time a failure occurs.

Also can't hurt to reboot the computer just to make sure everything is running clean.
Also maybe make sure itunes is not running if dbpoweramp is putting files in directories it normally uses.