Db Power Amp - is there a better ripper out there?

I had been using iTunes to rip for a long while but on those occasions when it failed I turned to MAX.

Then I heard about DB Ripper and the albums I've ripped so far have significantly better SQ than either iTunes or MAX

I also noticed the file sizes are larger with db poweramp.

Am I correct in assuming this is because all the data is now there?

Or is db poweramp augmenting the data?

So, if you know of better ripping software please post it here

Thanks in advance
williewonka
To manually fix or add tags when needed. Some of my .flac files were ripped with other software prior and were not tagged well.
Before you rip any more CD's, you need to go to https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm.

Its a guide that shows you how to set up dbpoweramp to get the highest quality rips. It will be well worth your time.
Everybody who treats the CD and the ripper before ripping the CD raise your hands.
I wipe the CD clean beforehand if any visible indication of smudge. It usually results in more reliable rip faster than otherwise if smudged to start. if a CD is not clean and/or defective, it can take many rereads for DBpwoeramp to confirm a good read and things can take much much longer if in secure rip mode to assure maximum rip quality.

in some cases with CDs damaged beyond repair you have to bypass secure mode and let it do its thing faster unless you are willing to wait perhaps indefinitely. Often you will probably still be challenged to hear any problems just by listening if teh rip is not perfect as a result.

Bottom line is dbpwoeramp is very flexible in terms of assuring the most accurate rips possible in the best time possible once you learn how to use it.