Db Power Amp - is there a better ripper out there?

I had been using iTunes to rip for a long while but on those occasions when it failed I turned to MAX.

Then I heard about DB Ripper and the albums I've ripped so far have significantly better SQ than either iTunes or MAX

I also noticed the file sizes are larger with db poweramp.

Am I correct in assuming this is because all the data is now there?

Or is db poweramp augmenting the data?

So, if you know of better ripping software please post it here

Thanks in advance
williewonka
Its the best I've seen and what I use.

There are options that affect file size depending on format and compression levels. Default for FLAC results in lossless compression meaning no data is lost in the file compression process.

The accurip functionality is very effective for producing accurate rips in fast time whenever possible.

The tagging tool provided is handy to. For tagging I try to get all teh tags right prior to ripping. tagging is also first rate autoselecting tags from multiple sources by default with opportunity to edit before ripping. Seldom do I have to come back to edit tags but can if needed.

For autotagging when needed on files ripped and tagged prior, I use Musicbrainz Picard which can autotag many CDS automatically quickly and easily. It also provides functions to manually edit but autotagging groups of related files comprising releases is what it does best. It only uses Music brainz database though so dbpoweramp in general can autotag better in that it leverages Musicbrainz and other tag database sources concurrently and chooses whats best from among them (nice) but only as part of the rip rocess.
To manually fix or add tags when needed. Some of my .flac files were ripped with other software prior and were not tagged well.