Tidal vs. Spotify

Tidal sounds better for sure. Search functions aren't as good as Spotify but if you are currently using Spotify, give Tidal a try and let me know what you think!
128x128b_limo
I like the fact that the Tidal interface is relatively simple and uncluttered. Along these lines, it's also quite stable and seems to use less of my computer's resources. In contrast I find Spotify's interface to be extremely busy, highly unorthodox from a navigation standpoint, full of 'features' I don't use and never will use (yet they compete for my attention on the busy interface) and it can take a minute or more before I can play any music because the client has so much stuff to load before I can play music.

I agree that Spotify has more in the way of playlists but I find the personalization there pretty poor. Despite the fact I've 'starred' hundreds of songs, it does a poor job of driving useful music discovery for me. It's surely better in this respect than Tidal, but I see Tidal as more of a library or tool whereas Spotify suggests (but doesn't deliver on) personalization. Pandora does do a much better job at personalization, likely because they have a very strong human element in the personalization exercise and have been doing it for a very long time.

I hope Tidal does get some healthy traction. I think they deserve it - not just for the high quality sound but I really do like the interface (and I'm normally very critical of user experience and navigation frameworks).I trust their service can only get better.
Tidal not ready for prime time.
Albums, play lists, ease of use.
Sticking with JRivers
I'm just saying ✌️
Guys - tidal is ready, your system is not. Its throughput guys. If you don't build the proper infrasturcture, don't knock it. It has nothing to do with tidal.
Ummm, the point is that the audible difference is clear, but a lot still has to happen for ease of use. If I sit down at my rig once a week, but I listen to music every time I walk, drive, cook, or fly, the lossless part of the equation only comes into play ~5% of the time.

My "reference" rig is ready for the throughput. The rest of my life isn't ready for the inconvenience. But thanks for the critique.
i just succumbed and subscribed to tidal in order to compare it to spotify. results are mixed. tidal's sound quality is unarguably better (it's not a vhs-to-dvd improvement, but significant  nonetheless) and i actually prefer its interface, which is simpler and more intuitive than spotify's, although as others have opined its search functions aren't as intelligent. tidal's library is, for my tastes, perfectly fine, about 85/% as good as spotify. however: (a) tidal's mobile platform is buggy and unreliable--lots of delays, buffers, etc.; (b) volume is significantly lower; probably a function of the flac format--i really need to crank up my phone; and (c) streaming tidal through my oppo bdp (one of its main attractions) requires use of an app on my mobile phone, which is cumbersome.
as a related aside, numerous pundits are predicting tidal's imminent demise, all citing the $20/mo. price as the weighing factor. this surprises the hell out of me--consumers don't seem to have a problem paying more than that for cable channels or sports packages + you can actually get the service for less if you prepay. there also appears to be artist backlash over the service being too "corporate," even though the same artists are getting higher royalties from tidal. others claim samsung is acquiring tidal, which sounds interesting.