Has anyone bought the OPPO 105 and has an opinion

Trying to compare the OPPO BDP-105 and the SONY XA5400ES. Any body have any thoughts?
128x128eliotone
Also, the Sony and Oppo 95 are compared directly at: http://www.stereophile.com/content/music-round-50-page-2-0
I have both an Oppo BDP-105 and Sony XA5400ES in my setup, both with analog out to a Cary 11a processor set to bypass. I got flamed for saying this in a AVS thread, but I prefer the sound of the Oppo 105. High-quality (200 gram) vinyl sounds remarkably similar to high quality SACD played on the Oppo in timbre nuance and soundstage presentation. Not so the Sony 5400ES; it has a smoother less detailed sound in my setup, and some of the nuances are missing. The specific vinyl and SACDs I've compared are "Jazz at the Pawnshop" and "Time Out." The 105 presents a sufficiently detailed and deep soundstage that you can believe you're in the bar listening to live music.

My listening preference is intimate chamber and jazz, but I do enjoy occasional large orchestration. Both the Oppo and Sony are fine players that represent excellent value.

db
Do I need an external monitor when using the Oppo 105? I will be using it in a two channel system (no video) and am hoping its regular screen is okay. Any other comments on the Oppo 105?
You may need a monitor for set up, e.g. if setting crossover to a sub with the 105 rather than a processor, but I usually listen to music without turning on the projector.

db
Does the Oppo 105 sound better than my Ayre CX-7eMP? Several people at THE Show suggested I get the Oppo 105. I cannot believe the 105 sounds better than the Ayre. Any comments?