"Undo" biwiring?

If I have speakers with bi-wire terminals and only want to use single wire cables, is there any reason I can't desolder the wires from the low frequency posts and solder them to the high frequency posts or vice versa? Seems to make a lot more sense then adding expensive jumpers (which have made a difference in my experience), yet I have never seen this done or suggested. I would also need one less set of binding posts if I wanted to upgrade.
eugene81
Post removed 
Instead of soldering, why not simply use the same wires as jumpers? I do not understand why you think that "expensive jumpers" are the only alternatives to an internal intervention.
You mention that you've tried using jumpers. Did you mean to say "which have not made a difference..."? The reason I ask is that jumpers don't provide the benefit that biwiring can.

If the high-pass crossover functions by presenting a high impedance at bass frequencies (as they normally do), then with biwiring to the high-pass connection, little to no bass current will flow because of the high impedance at low frequencies.

This means that few or no magnetic fields would be generated by the (now absent) low frequency current which could otherwise modulate the midrange/treble. This should make your midrange and (especially) the treble sound cleaner. Using jumpers or a single connection doesn't provide that benefit since the bass, midrange, and treble current all flow through the same cable up to where the jumpers connect or to where the low-pass and high-pass leads are internally joined.

When I biamp my system, I use a less expensive speaker cable from the bass amp and use the high performance speaker cable on the top, though ideally the type of cables would best be used on top and bottom, so this is a cost compromise. When I biwire using one amplifier's output, I biwire with the much better sounding, expensive speaker cable.
Elizabeth, thanks.

kr4, not sure you understand what I'm asking and I don't understand your response. Use the same wires as jumpers instead of jumpers...?

Kernelbob, good jumpers have made significant improvements in my experience. Anyway, I do not want to turn this into a discussion of biwire vs. single wire, which has been done to death and always gets contentious, and I am not talking about a bi-amp situation.
My point is that soldering the wire internally and using it as a jumper are entirely equivalent if done competently. So, if you think that soldering the cheaper wire internally will work better than using the same wire as a jumper, it will be due only to your belief and/or inability to see that it is not an "expensive" jumper.