Arcam FMJ 23 vs modded Oppo

I've got the upgrade bug. While I'm happy with the Arcam, it is getting on in years. Would a modded Oppo (from Exemplar) be a nice sonic upgrade over the Arcam and worth the expenditure?
rockyboy
Dunno which Oppo you mean, but I wouldn't make a move on one until you first go to EVS (Electronic Visionary Systems) and look at Ric Schultz's comparison page on his own mods for the 93/95 vs those of ModWright, the Upgrade Company and Exemplar. I know Ric and have dealt with him as a satisfied customer many times and I know him to be the real deal (no, I'm not affiliated with him). Regards.
I also own an Arcam FMJ CD23. I've owned a bunch of CD players over the yrs and I think The 23 to be one of those rare pieces of equipment; a keeper. It's one of the best redbook players ever made, period. Regardless what you wind up with, you should consider keeping the unit, they rarely show up for sale and you very possibly might suffer from seller's remorse! Besides, I'm hoping you'll follow up on this thread with a comparison between the Oppo and the Arcam. I own an older Oppo and there's no doubt they make good gear.