Bryston Announces NEW BDP-2 / BDA-2

Bryston announces new digital platform and their speaker line at TAVES.

Anyone planning on upgrading? Do the new specs blow the 1 series out of the water?
jcote
I have loved the sound of my BDA-1 since I bought it new a couple of years ago...it is everything that the audio rags have stated and my system took full advantage of it. On that note however when I heard and read about the BDA-2 I decided to sell the 1 and am now "lingering" between Dacs. I would love to hear the BDA-2 and assuming it's everything the 1 was "and then some" there is no doubt in my mind I would enjoy it immensely. The only thing is, I've already become seriously distracted after listening to a [considerably more expensive] dac which I have borrowed from a friend and auditioned in my system (very much to my delight). It's the Lampizator 4 Gen 4 and it's tremendous. Hmmmm.
The BDA-2 is fantastic, especially when paired with the BDP-2 server. I have had the PS Audio Perfect Wave II, the NAD M 51, and Mytec Dac in my system the past few months. All of them are very good but in my system i decided the BDA-2 is best for my preferences. I really like how it performs with with poor recordings.

Lissnr, you can always get the BDA-2 from some of online places that let you do a 30 day trial. If you like it , it may save you from buying the more expensive one
Hello Kclone, I'm glad you're enjoying the new BDA-2, I have no doubt it has to be great, considering its predecessor... I have already pulled the trigger on "The other one" and am awaiting delivery soon so I will do a personal comparison between it and the BDA-1, of course...If it doesn't compare well with the 1...then "oops" and I'll have to re-think it all again. Here's hoping that it was justified for me at this time, though I will never doubt the BDA 2 would have likely been an excellent choice. Best of luck with yours!
I just came back from my Bryston dealer. They told me that in their opinion the BDA 2 is "marginally" better than the BDA1 and that you really have to stretch to hear an improvement...but it is there. He said some features have improved, that is the biggest difference.
He said most people wouldn't notice a differnce and you really have to have top end gear before and after it to notice the small difference that is there.
I have both the BDA-1 and BDA-2 and yes they are in my opinion virtually identical in sound. The BDA-2 supports USB -2 to 192 k which is why I bought it. If you feed the BDA-1 with any digital source other than USB you will have a difficult time telling the difference. They are both great.