Bryston Announces NEW BDP-2 / BDA-2

Bryston announces new digital platform and their speaker line at TAVES.

Anyone planning on upgrading? Do the new specs blow the 1 series out of the water?
jcote
I has opportunity to audition them... and they were fantastic. In fact they outperformed the new linn akurate ds1, by quite a margine... with the density and thickness of the overall sound quality. Of course the system was all bryston and dealer tells me that there is a synergy effect when brystons get together. If you are into a bryston type of sound philosophy, these combination should be the way to go.
I have the BDP-2 and I think it's great. I did not want a conventional laptop or a Mac mini in my main system and that's why I bought the Bryston digital player. I have it connected to 2 DACs, Bricasti M1 USB and a PSA Perfect Wave DAC mk2, in my system and they both sound great. Even though I have a PSA Perfect Wave transport, I rarely spin a disc anymore. I have a 2TB Western Digital external HDD connected to the BDP-2. I currently have about 1TB of WAV files on the HDD. I found that WAV files sound better than FLAC files when I compared them. I use an Ipad as a controller and it works great and the sound is excellent. If you're wondering why I have 2 DACs, I like the M1 better but I also like the PWD and may use it for another system in the future.
with all my due respect to bryston electronics, they've overstepped the threshold of my affordability. i use mytek 192 and so far loving this unit a lot.
I have loved the sound of my BDA-1 since I bought it new a couple of years ago...it is everything that the audio rags have stated and my system took full advantage of it. On that note however when I heard and read about the BDA-2 I decided to sell the 1 and am now "lingering" between Dacs. I would love to hear the BDA-2 and assuming it's everything the 1 was "and then some" there is no doubt in my mind I would enjoy it immensely. The only thing is, I've already become seriously distracted after listening to a [considerably more expensive] dac which I have borrowed from a friend and auditioned in my system (very much to my delight). It's the Lampizator 4 Gen 4 and it's tremendous. Hmmmm.