Metrum Octave versus Eastern Electric DAC

I own an Eastern Electric DAC, the older one with volume control, no mods. Have any of you in the community compared these two units? Would I be better off doing the op amp upgrade, buy the newest EE with upgrades?

I have enjoyed the EE and like it well enough, but I am curious about the Metrum. I would like slightly more warmth, more fullness, a little more meat and bones, without losing any of the detail I now enjoy.
mikirob
Morganc, I see that you do not mention the type of digital cable you are using. Reason why I ask is that I just demoed a Stereovox Ultra digital cable and it elevated my digital front end to very significant levels. Honestly, one of the most significant upgrades I've ever done.My Rega DAC really sound so good now.
I am actually just using an optical cable and despite that still loving the Metrum. Can anyone comment on a Coax cable vs a BNC adapter for the Metrum? I've read that you need the BNC to get the most out of the Metrum. Does anyone have experience with this? What cable are you guys finding useful?
Black cat Silverstar75 is great value. I converted my metrum to BnC..... Simple and reversible. Worth doing as the RCA on the Metrum is generic and not 75ohm so will always be the weak link.
I'm using a Wywire LTESpeed digital cable which is fantastic. It is terminated with Xhadow RCA connectors which are a true 75ohm unlike other RCA connectors and don't want to change this cable...

I wonder if installing a nice aftermarket RCA plug would have the same effect as the BNC upgrade provided I keep things 75ohm?

Any suggestions?
I'd imagine a 75 ohm RCA chassis plug would be the same, maybe harder to source tho? In my case the Metrum is preceded by a Jkmk3 (bnc out) so keeping it all bnc was logical. The Silverstar has those adapters for RCA but it's more secure and direct contact via the 1/4 turn bnc.......