Metrum Octave versus Eastern Electric DAC

I own an Eastern Electric DAC, the older one with volume control, no mods. Have any of you in the community compared these two units? Would I be better off doing the op amp upgrade, buy the newest EE with upgrades?

I have enjoyed the EE and like it well enough, but I am curious about the Metrum. I would like slightly more warmth, more fullness, a little more meat and bones, without losing any of the detail I now enjoy.
mikirob
Black cat Silverstar75 is great value. I converted my metrum to BnC..... Simple and reversible. Worth doing as the RCA on the Metrum is generic and not 75ohm so will always be the weak link.
I'm using a Wywire LTESpeed digital cable which is fantastic. It is terminated with Xhadow RCA connectors which are a true 75ohm unlike other RCA connectors and don't want to change this cable...

I wonder if installing a nice aftermarket RCA plug would have the same effect as the BNC upgrade provided I keep things 75ohm?

Any suggestions?
I'd imagine a 75 ohm RCA chassis plug would be the same, maybe harder to source tho? In my case the Metrum is preceded by a Jkmk3 (bnc out) so keeping it all bnc was logical. The Silverstar has those adapters for RCA but it's more secure and direct contact via the 1/4 turn bnc.......
Naggots may I suggest the Stereovox Ultra. I just did a shoot out between the Veloce,which I've owned for a year, the Silverstar 75 and the Ultra. Hands down the Ultra was significantly better. I believe you are not really hearing your DAC until you hear it with the Ultra, I was not.I'd not eat for a week if that's what it took to afford the Ultra....it's that much better. Chris is coming out with a new updated connector for the Ultra which will even increase the bandwidth more.
I did some digging and there are a couple true 75ohm RCA jacks, but they're pretty darn spendy!!

At $86+ shipping is the WBT-0210 NextGen RCA socket uses conductor material made of pure copper, and is direct gold plated. The signal pin hole is a spring loaded WBT double prism contact, while the ground/return portion utilizes a patented double-wave contact. The socket also uses a Teflon dielectric with torsion proof mounting. Tightens from outside using the included three-hole counter nut. Transmission bandwidth is 1 Ghz, and the socket has a characteristic impedence of 75 ohms, meaning this is an ideal socket for digital components, as well as analog components. Also available in a solid silver version.

And at $58+ shipping is the Eichmann HC-XTC PhonoPod uses a full 20 micron direct gold plating over pure copper. One of the most intriguing parts of this design is that it is a true 75 ohm connection, which means it's perfect for digital SPDIF inputs and outputs. Will accomodate chassis thicknesses to .19". Please click below for more information

Anyone know of cheaper options or at least sources for single rather then pairs of the sockets? For digital I only need one...