Metrum Octave versus Eastern Electric DAC

I own an Eastern Electric DAC, the older one with volume control, no mods. Have any of you in the community compared these two units? Would I be better off doing the op amp upgrade, buy the newest EE with upgrades?

I have enjoyed the EE and like it well enough, but I am curious about the Metrum. I would like slightly more warmth, more fullness, a little more meat and bones, without losing any of the detail I now enjoy.
mikirob
I had an Eastern Electric DAC with op amp ugrade. I replaced it with the Metrum Octave and haven't looked back. I found it detailed but less fatiguing to my ears.
i have yet to hear a solid state digital front end that i would prefer to one using tubes.

so it boils down to the issue of tubes vs solid state.

although i have not heard the metrum, the advantage of a tube circuit is the facility to alter the sound by changing the tube.
Thanks for the responses, frankly, I thought I'd get at least several more folks here who have direct comparison. Mr. Tennis, I am tube biased as well, pun intended, and have swapped out a number of 12au7s since I purchased the unit. These include: Mullard, RCA Clear Tops and more...I settled on Shuguang Black Treasure. Very nice indeed. I also installed upgraded fuse. I like it very much, the EE is a stellar performer stock, with these minor changes; but I am curios about th Metrum, it appears from the threads I've read so far on the A'gon to have a type of sound I "might" enjoy even more than my current set up.
hi mikirob:
as audio is a subjective hobby, your point is well taken. although you have achieved good performance from the minimax, you think that , perhaps, somewhat more reolution , perhaps, would be preferred.

is it possible that you could achieve what you feel is lacking in the minimax, by trying a different tube.

for example, i have found that a 12au7 or 12at7 yellow label brimar works best.

in addition, there are other brands and vintages, you have not auditioned.

if i were in your position, i would experiment with tubes and/or interconnects or digital cables, before i replaced the dac.

once you own the metrum, you lose the affect of tube changes upon the sound of your stereo system.
You have to try the Dexa Discrete op-amps to fully bring out the analog tone you are seeking.
My 2Cents for what it is worth.