What next?

I've been trying to figure out what should be my next investment and not really coming up with a clear way forward.

I'm actually really happy with the way it sounds, but I subscribe to the theory that there's usually some incremental improvement to be had somewhere.

The only weaknesses I can think of are that a) the low bass could use a little tightening up, b) the soundstage could be slightly deeper and wider.

I heard a friend's DAC in my system that, while I preferred everything else about mine, had tighter, faster low end. Soundstage is really just a guess, I could have room limitations.

In terms of investing, I'm thinking next up will be under $1k. Down the road I may consider moving up the Aerial linen speakers or trying a set of Eidolons, and moving to Ayre separates.

I don't feel a burning need to spend the money, but, system assembly in its own right is a hobby (beyond just enjoying the sound) and activity keeps it invigorating.
joncourage
Buy a record player. Even a Music Hall MMF-7 is good enough to give you a good taste of what it's about. If you don't like it, you can sell it at a couple hundred bucks loss.
Lewinski, Joncourage already has plenty of room tratment. Didn't you see the picture with his dog? Room treatment is highly overrate. If you need to fill your room with room treatment there is something terribly wrong with your system.
Lol, yes, definitely somewhat just bored and trying to decide what to do with some extra funds when and if they should appear.

Thanks for all the helpful info though!

Speaker placement improvement pretty much an impossibility due to room shape, furnishings and WAF. Somehow things seem to sound pretty good anyway, but I bet you guys are right that limitations to soundstage are about how far off the front wall I can get those speakers (not much).

I was thinking some bass traps behind the speakers in the corners and diffusion in front of the tv possibly, as far as room treatment. Nothing scientific but seems a bit logical perhaps.

Oh well. Just got a friggin huge hospital bill for an emergency room visit that needs some attention anyway and all kinds of other crap going on in my life atm. So no rush....
Speaker placement and room acoustics. Sorry I posted in your Virtual systems by mistake when viewing your stereo.
I cant tell if u have spikes on your speakers. If not, you need to get them raised off the floor. I also have a limited space situation and I'm using furniture sliders under my spiked speakers. I move the speakers away from the walls for listening sessions and the improvement in imaging is amazing.