Is the Squeezebox Touch complicated?

Most of the erudite and precise contributions to this forum concerning the Logitech Squeezebox have made me think I should just go right out and buy one. Over at the forum on Logitech's own website the users complain of one malfunction after another: sound drop-out, unplayable files, album cover mix-up, firmware updates that seem to cause more trouble than solve problems, and many more. Comments?
swissguy
I bought one based on the reviews. I could not make it work with a windows xp pc, and now that i have an imac it cant even find the netwrk and let me get internet radio. Just an expensive paperweight right now. BTW the help desk at logitech is useless; they asked me to uninstall the sw and install an older version. It did not help. Buy one only if you are comfortable with computer and wifi networks.
...now that i have an imac it cant even find the netwrk and let me get internet radio...
The Touch gets it's IP address from your router, not the PC or iMac. The computer doesn't even have to be on for internet radio.

Are you saying the Touch doesn't see your wireless network?

Did you ever set up an account with mysqueezebox.com? You do need that for internet radio.

I've always found the users at forums.slimdevices.com very knowledgeable and helpful. It's not the official Squeezebox help site, but rather a users discussion group. You might wish to check them out.
The squeezebox is not complicated if you can handle the wireless netowrk setup (very ez). But, it doens't sound too hot. It is awesome for the price but high end, unfortunately, it is not. Much better just installing a $150 sound card in your puter.
It does work, but like all computer audio, it can be fiddly, not as easy as just popping in a silver disc and hitting the play button.
It doesn't do anything that can't be done in other ways. Mainly it provides a nice GUI to access music from various devices. After learning how to use it, I mainly use it for Internet Radio.
Before buying, ask yourself what you want it to do. Then ask what are the
Alternatives, and we can discuss the pros and cons of each.
I have a duet and find it to be very easy to deal with.
If you can connect to a wireless network in windows, you can deal with a S/Box no problem.
The few times I have personally seen issues, it has been someone trying to upload or download files while using their drives as the server...or the kids flooding the home network playing games while trying to play music...or not knowing that they cannot have the PC power management shut the drives off and expect instant response when they fire the S/Box up.

I have had to reboot mine a few times, but compared to the ease of having everything at the touch of a button...it has been a true joy.
I could not be happier and the sound, using a DAC, is awesome. I run FLACS mostly and try not to ever touch mp3.