What can cause noise with my Wadia 381? HELP

My new Wadia 381 CD player (modified by a well known company in Minnesota) has exhibited a reproducible noise problem since it was new. There is a ridiculously high noise floor that sounds like hiss, louder in the left channel. But ALSO, there is static noise that sounds much like scratches on a vinyl disc that are NOT constant but recur with regularity. I can e-mail a QuickTime video to anyone who is interested that demonstrates the noises quite clearly. Just to rule out various causes, I have swapped out interconnects, amplifiers (solid state and tube), and speaker systems. In addition, I took the Wadia to a different house with no cable TV, all appliances unplugged, all fluorescent lighting turned off and the NOISES ARE STILL THERE! I SENT THE 381 in for service and they claim that the unit functioned perfectly--no noise. I am at my wits end because a very expensive Wadia 381 with mods has a very reproducible set of noises that everybody on the planet that has been in my house can hear with any system equipment that I own. But I am getting nowhere with the dealer regarding this problem--I am told that the unit checks out and it is my problem. I fear that when I send the unit back in again for service for another $100 shipping, I will once again get the "no problem" diagnosis. The dealer had the unit running for hours and claim they NEVER HEARD A SINGLE NOISE. For whatever reason, the burden of proof of what is clearly a Wadia sourced issue seems to be placed squarely on my shoulders. Any input from the community will be appreciated.
128x128cathealer
I asked the dealer in Minnesota to replace the unit with a brand new unmodified wadia 381, but was told that this was DEFINITELY NOT AN OPTION. Partially out of respect for the dealership, I have left their name out of this thread. This company that performed the mods has been doing this service for a number of years; they had previously done a repair on another Wadia (transport)of mine that went on to work beautifully for many more additional years. That is why I did not think twice about allowing the mods on a brand new 381. Clearly that was a big mistake. I am honestly shocked at the horrendous treatment I am now getting from this dealer. I would love to believe that they heard no problems, but find this difficult considering that I can reproduce the noise with a multiplicity of playback systems and building locations. Here is the youtube video of the noise: Partially out of respect for the dealership, I have left their name out of this thread. Check of the youtube video of the noise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-x0h-2rj34&feature=youtu.be
May i say a thing here!
Have you contacted Brett from Wadia?
I suspect that this is one of your two current conveyors.
If this is the case, they change both. It is quite alot of work. I suggest you call Brett at Wadia and explain this.
It really sounds from how you describe this, that it is the current conveyors that needs to be replaced.
They are actually updated so you'd probably get new better ones and this do affect the sound you hear (i do not talk of noise compaired to noiseless.)

Let me know when you called.

Hope it works out now, just keep calm it'll be solved;-)
Hi all ! So , the unit had noise problems when it was new and you still sent it to be modified ? I dont think I would blame Wadia or the guy who modified it . Too late in the game . Should have sent it back in the first place . Sorry not helping but this is nobodys fault but yours .
Why do you think the dealer owes you a new unit? As Brad stated above, this one's on you my man. You take the hit when you have non factory modifications done, that's just the way it is. I hope you can get the unit fixed but it's going to be on your dime.
I BOUGHT THE UNIT NEW FROM THE DEALER WHO MODIFIED IT BEFORE I EVER TOOK POSSESSION OF IT.