PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Upgrade

Paul McGowan has leaked some information about a major upgrade the perfectwave DAC that will be coming out within the next few weeks. Pricing as of yet unknown, but current units will be field (DIY) upgradable.

Apparently, major changes were made to the digital processing board, involving changes in the powersupplies, and replacement of CMOS switching for the gates and clocking with analog switches.

Second, new jitter reducing circuitry called NativeX was implemented.

There are more as of yet unannounced new features.

Apparently, SQ on all inputs will benefit, including the bridge. Exciting stuff.
edorr
Ben
The option to engage or not is there as a "choice" right now ans also to future proof the MKII since who knows what resolution will eventually come out of the Silent Server.
It just gives more user options in case something else changes [ like a new brdge].
Would it matter what rez would come out of the SS? Native is still native. Transcode on the fly at the SS shouldnt matter either. Right?
Lewhite:

Native - or NativeX - does not affect/impact the bit rate or the sample rate. Trans-coding only impacts the CODEC (FLAC to WAV).

So, yes it does matter what "rez" you stream from the SS. The higher rez will (should) sound better than lower rez material (24/192 vs 16/44.1). Native/NativeX does not alter the bit/sample rates - it simply bypasses any filters or SRC...
Groben - I'm contemplating the Berkeley and PS. Can you describe the differences in sound between the two? Especially in regard to resolution and bass bloom.
Ben maybe my post was not stated correctly. What I was alluding to was the case of uprez ripping then played replayed sans src; vs. a bit perfect rip and uprezed at the dac? Hope thats not too incoherant.
Whats your favorite digital cable?