PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Upgrade

Paul McGowan has leaked some information about a major upgrade the perfectwave DAC that will be coming out within the next few weeks. Pricing as of yet unknown, but current units will be field (DIY) upgradable.

Apparently, major changes were made to the digital processing board, involving changes in the powersupplies, and replacement of CMOS switching for the gates and clocking with analog switches.

Second, new jitter reducing circuitry called NativeX was implemented.

There are more as of yet unannounced new features.

Apparently, SQ on all inputs will benefit, including the bridge. Exciting stuff.
edorr
The $800 upgrade price tag is a real bargain if you consider what it would cost you to trade the MARK I version in for a new MARK II version. With depreciation, you’d be lucky to get off for $1,500 (plus the trade) and likely even closer to $2,000.

I’m very excited about the upgradability of this unit. Since we will necessarily need to open up the hood to do the upgrade, are there any recommendations for additional tweaking? I know the upgrade comes with a new HiFi Tuning fuse, but I wonder if anyone has any thoughts about further “upgrades?” (there are two fuses in the PWD; does the upgrade include one or two fuses?)...
"Why offer an outlet with a nickel coating, tout it as the best, produce a gold-plated version, cancel both products and then offer two multi-kilo Power Plants with the inferior outlet?"

I believe Paul had mentioned in one of the forum posts that the P5 had the Power Ports and the P10 had the Power Port Premier. Is this not the case?
Tabl10--
Audio Advisor sends out their periodic advertising supplements. The latest one--I've recycled it already but it came about 4 days ago--said something about this being the last chance to buy the Perfect wave at $2995, because it was shortly due to increase by $1000 in price.