PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Upgrade

Paul McGowan has leaked some information about a major upgrade the perfectwave DAC that will be coming out within the next few weeks. Pricing as of yet unknown, but current units will be field (DIY) upgradable.

Apparently, major changes were made to the digital processing board, involving changes in the powersupplies, and replacement of CMOS switching for the gates and clocking with analog switches.

Second, new jitter reducing circuitry called NativeX was implemented.

There are more as of yet unannounced new features.

Apparently, SQ on all inputs will benefit, including the bridge. Exciting stuff.
edorr
I don't hold my breath based on anything McGowan says. A DL2 was promised back in '97. He took a poll on his site as whether buyer's would like something else. A bunch of idiots responded and the product was killed.

He came back with the same BS two years ago and said it would be ready this year. More idiots wanted USB support and PSA had trouble figuring on implementation. Now, the DL2 has been cancelled once again for some other BS product. I don't have time for this kind of rubbish.

Why do we need an audio product that works with the cloud? Why'd the produce an UPS only to take it off the market shortly thereafter? Why offer an outlet with a nickel coating, tout it as the best, produce a gold-plated version, cancel both products and then offer two multi-kilo Power Plants with the inferior outlet?
Tab: you might want to believe this one as it just went on sale this morning and is available for pre-order. mid or late december deliver is what's expected. hope this isn't what you're referring to as a BS product as it looks very promising. just ordered my upgrade and can't wait to get it.

btw...many psa products are being discontinued. they are focusing on a fewer number of core products. since i'm not sure what products you're calling "BS", all i can say is you're wrong *if* you are referring to the pwd and pwt.
"Now, the DL2 has been cancelled once again for some other BS product. I don't have time for this kind of rubbish."

The some other BS product you are referring to is actually an implementation of the "lens" technology on a board, available as upgrade to the PWD. A far more cost effective implementation. The upshot is of course the whole lens project will get killed. Just get the PWD MkII. Must be painful for the very few that have been waiting for a lens MkII for 15 years.... All others are elated.

"Why do we need an audio product that works with the cloud?"

I presume by the "cloud" you mean your home network. The anser is because network streaming has some big usability advantages over USB. Of course, networking opens up a big can worms, which is why the project has had significant hichups. They should have offered an asynchronous USB option from the outset. The new "BS product" offers exactly this. Better late than never.

"Why offer an outlet with a nickel coating, tout it as the best, produce a gold-plated version, cancel both products and then offer two multi-kilo Power Plants with the inferior outlet?"

Who cares about the outlet. I'd be interested in a double blind test between units with nickel outlets and gold-plated outlets. The new powerplant products are miles ahead of the old 300W/600W spaceheater units, which is all that matters.